10 On-page Search Engine Optimization tips for Novice and intermediate bloggers
Improve the Search Engine Rankings of your blog posts by following the tips mentioned in this SEO article
Search Engine Optimization– commonly known as SEO- is a very crucial element in blogging and it is one of the the prime factors on which your blog depends heavily when it comes to ranking your posts for the intended keywords in various major search engines, like Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ask, etc.
Make it a priority to learn blog SEO if you want to make your blog pretty visible in search engines. Though, you should not compromise with the readability and style of your blog in the race of ranking it higher in search engines, instead try to strike a good balance between the readability (for your readers/visitors) and visibility (search engine part)
So, why on-page optimization is considered so important? read 4 non-technical aspects of it-
#1. On page SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is vital in learning blogging. SEO is made up of two parts, and on-page SEO plays 50%.
#2. The most important part of SEO is on page optimization SEO is known nowadays to be very important marketing technique. It was earlier argued that SEO was not rocket science and any person could do it. What i want to make clear here is that start considering it as important in Blogging as the rocket science is in Aeronautics.
#3. It is considered as an art to some people who understand it well and you can check their blogs. In order for one to understand SEO, there are tips that they need to be well equipped with. There are many ranking factors that we base them to on page SEO implementations.
#4. You can do away without off-page SEO, but can’t without using on-page optimization methods on your blog.
So, ok, let’s now talk about the real thing here: on-page search engine optimization
Here, we will talk about the On-Page optimization part of SEO. Read the below given tips which i have collected from my own experiences as well as from the learning from expert bloggersin the market.
10 of the basic tips for on-page blog SEO that are very important for any blogger
[ Top ten tips to help new bloggers to optimize their blog sites using on-page SEO practices and guides]
#1. Domain name. This is one of the most vital factors in on page SEO. You should take the domain name for your blog that relates to the theme and model of your blog or its purpose. For an example, you had a travel website of Casablanca, then its names must be related to Casablanca/travel, etc.
The domain name should be small, memorable, and keyword rich (though, the last point is arguable. Sometimes, search engines look at it that you have named it this for an obvious SEO benefits. Though, it could work great if your blog’s content is very good and you don’t use your ‘domain name’ keywords too much)
2. Title tags. Titles tags are very very much important! Be it your home page title or blog post titles, they play a lead role for the content. Title tags always must be H1/heading tags. Then, there are sub-titles, ets. But, H1, H2, and H3 are the most important tags for blogs.
This is what is being used by the researcher to look for the keywords you should use the keywords in you title keeping in mind not to use too many of them as this may bore the user and may be marked as ‘keyword stuffing’ by search engines. They should not exceed 60-70 characters standard length.
Google is said to be using only 60 characters for indexing while Yahoo and Bing may take up to 70 characters long title sentences.
3. Meta description. For every page and post use Meta description that is focused on the keywords and key phrases. It should include characters not exceeding 160-170 for the best results. Always make it a habit to write meta description manually for every post you create. Meta descriptions help a lot in ranking your posts for specific keywords.
4. URLS. The user should be in a position to read and interpret a given URL. It is found that there is still a problem to some of the search engines due to inability of reading URLs. One should use rewriting way to present URLs that are dynamically generated. Urls should not be more than 80-90 characters.
5. Headings. Headings must go with content. Remember to classify headings according to the topic and content.They should be rich in keywords and have the power to stand out and catch the attention of the users.
6. Content. Content is King in blogging. This is the pillar of the SEO. Consider that if you have a low content and that you have made good on page SEO techniques, even then you will have very limited chances of being ranked high. You must have a unique content that is full of information and must fit the page. Consider not to have a lot of keywords in the content part.
7. Alternatives tags. If you have a page that has images in it, remember to use alternatives tags properly. Search Engines give importance to Alt tags. So, always use Alt tags for our images.
8. Title attributes and Anchor text links. Suppose you are referring an external website or an internal page of your own blog, then use Anchor texts . Construct your posts using important headlines, titles. Use each of H2, H3, H4 headlines at least for once in each blog posts.
9. XML sitemaps. At the time you are submitting your pages to search engines, you need to have sitemaps. This makes your site become indexed faster. Sitemaps should have all post and pages including their dates of modification. And don’t forget to submit your sitemaps to webmaster tools in Google and Bing.
10. Keywords. Remember to make good use of keywords in your page properly i.e. if they are less in numbers, try adding keywords in more places . Keyword density must be between 2%-4% for the best SEO rankings in the search engine page results.
In conclusion, bloggers need to pay close attention to these basic tips for on-page blog optimization process. Start using these useful practices in your blog and gather more information if you need to know more on such type of specific topics. You have to apply these tips in your blog sincerely if they want to derive more from your blogging.
SeoTipsBlogger- SEO Blog and Blogging Tips by Expert Blogger Writers.SEOTipsBlogger.com for SEO, Blogging, Content Writing & Blog Optimization Tips. Tutorials for New Bloggers & Writers.Get Effective Tips for Blog Promotion & Web Traffic via Tutorials and Simple Guides + Methods.Know Best ways towards a Successful Blogging Career.